2012/07/06

Mentality of the Minamisoma's city officials  (Today I'm going to write a lot of articles) 

Original text from Blog of Koichi Oyama in Minamisoma City 06.07.2012 http://mak55.exblog.jp/16252581/

I visited the office of the decontamination countermeasure department at 8:30 in the morning. 
The department chief suggested me to sit down, but I said no and asked him a question in a straightforward manner: "Didn't you say that you would show us the summing data of the model project for the decontamination operation that was conducted in Takanokura District last year? You were supposed to submit it to the conference last March". 

And I continued, "The evacuees who have young children are concerned about the consequences of terminations of the toll-free expressway or compensation payments", "Show me the data because I am also concerned if it's really OK to make them return home". 

He answered, "I'm sorry. I'm going to find it" 
Then he left with a female worker to look for a file in the locker... 

I told him that I would visit later again to see the data. 

I visited him again at 11:30 and asked him if he had found the file. 
"No, not yet", he said. "I will show it next time". 

I guess that he probably consulted his boss and they decided to cover it up, don't you agree? 

How effective was the decontamination operation? 
In the case of Kodaka District, after the topsoil removal that was conducted by the national government, the radiation level decreased by 20 percent. 

Why does the city cover up the results? Are they afraid that the people might decide not to return home if they see the data? 
Their strange behavior casted doubt in my mind. Maybe they just don't want to show the data. 
It's about the time for them to have responsibility, make a clear description about when to start and finish the decontamination operation and show its effects, as the people's distrust of politics keep escalating. 
 -----
At 8:40, I met with the chief of crisis management department in the reconstruction project office and his assistant. 

"I would like to read the meeting minutes of disaster countermeasure department that was held right after the disaster. I requested it a month ago", said I. 
"It includes personal notes, so it's not available for inspection". 
"I don't want to read the notes. Please show my only the minutes."
"It's not the meeting minutes but a handwriting memo"
"What are you talking about? Since crisis management dept. was established under an ordinance, I have seen a recording secretary keeping the minutes at every conference."
"No, not the minutes but the notes."
"What? So can I read the notes then?"
"No, you can't. They are the personal notes thus they are on closed access"
"I don't get what you meant.. Chief, let me read the minutes!"
"We didn't take the minutes"
"What are you talking about? I saw the recording secretary keeping them right next to the mayor!" 
"Not the minute, but the notes. Personal notes" 

Courtesy : Koichi Oyama

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿