2012/06/03

The reality is different than the one from the News...


original text from blog of Emiko Numauchi (Numayu) in Minamisoma City 29.05.2012 http://numayu.blogspot.be/2012/06/blog-post.html
The Fukushima Prefecture News gives us the measured result of the radiation.
But why do they say it's 0.2 micro sievert in Haramachi District in Minamisoma City? And the value doesn't change everyday.
My husband who came back home for the first time in a week borrowed a scintillation survey meter so we went to measure the places together with my geiger counter. 
Scintillation survey meter measures gamma rays and geiger counter measures gamma rays and beta rays.
Detection range can make subtle differences so we can't say one result but how does the government measure and inform us the value of 0.2 micro sievert?
Before that there's plants which were harvested last year with a shabby sheet on it left in the middle of the residential area. It lies neglected on the angle over a narrow street by my home. 



I measured with my husband using 2 different indicators.



My husband's scintillation survey meter - 0.72 micro sievert 
My geiger counter - 1.42 micro sievert 
on the road:
My husband's scintillation survey meter - 0.58 micro sievert 
My geiger counter - 0.56 micro sievert 
The plants in my house. Yesterday i harvested and left them. But somehow it's 0.4 micro sievert higher.
Is it true that to get rid of weeds can be considered as decontamination? 

courtesy : Emiko Numauchi

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿